Your lymphatic system is the key to your health! No doctor tell us this unfortunately, but if you take good care of your lymphatic system you will never have to visit a doctor again!
What is the lymphatic system?
The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that help rid the body of toxins, waste and other unwanted materials. The primary function of the lymphatic system is to transport lymph, a fluid containing infection-fighting white blood cells, throughout the body.
So here are ways to detox your lymphatic system:
- Exercise and movement is IMPORTANT!! Your lymphatic system needs movement. Doesn’t have to be anything extreme, yoga and walking will do.
- Hot and cold showers. Alternating between hot & cold shower to stimulate your lymphatic system. This needs to be done 5-6 times for it to work.
- Eliminate all dairy products! these is nothing worse than dairy when it comes to your lymphatic system – why? Because it forms mucus. When your body has too much mucus, it affects your breathing & may lead to respiratory infections (i.e. sinuses & allergies).
- Lymphatic drainage massage! My god! My first experience was AMAZING! I really felt the toxins coming out the following day!
***I went to the toilet 5 times at least the next time!
- Apple cider vinegar – make sure it’s organic and has the mother (should say in the bottle)!
- Reduce protein in your diet – definitely animal protein. There is way too much protein everywhere and people are obsessed with making sure they are getting enough protein! It’s unnecessary and puts too much pressure on our kidneys.
- Sauna – sweating all the toxins out is crucial! Especially in the winter times.
- Have more citric fruits in your diet – why? because they help to cause a contractions in our lymphatic nodes.
- Lymphatic dry brushing – use a dry brush to brush gently in circular motion to help stimulate you lymphatic system & get rid of dead cells on your skin.
- Support your body using natural herbs.
- Try and shop organic whenever you can. This limits the amount of toxins your body takes in.
- Don’t use antiperspirant – just as the name says, it stops your body from sweating! These products have many toxic chemicals and a study has even found that there was a link between those chemicals and breast cancer. I am not saying go out smelling foul – there are alternatives like using lime or baking soda and coconut oil making your own natural chemical free deodorant. You can also opt for using deodorant, it’s at least better than an antiperspirant.
- Stop taking pharmaceutical drugs – today there are many other options, Chinese medicine, ayurveda, acupuncture and nutrition.
- Overeating – don’t eat when you are NOT hungry! When food is not digested food becomes poison which increases lymphatic stagnation.
& here you have it, ways you can keep you lymphatic system well & your body healthy!
Hope you’ve enjoyed this post & found it interesting 🙂
Make sure to follow my blog to get notified for when i post next.
Lots of love,