Today I want to focus on health & share with you some tips that have helped me support my adrenal glands & thus manage to beat my own chronic fatigue!
- what are the adrenal glands?
- what are the symptoms of adrenal fatigue?
- & what can you do today to heal it?
What are the adrenal glands?
The adrenal glands produce hormones that help the body control blood sugar, burn protein and fat, react to stressors like a major illness or injury, and regulate blood pressure.
Symptoms of adrenal fatigue?
- Feeling tired even after a many hours of sleep
- Puffiness and dark circles underneath your eyes
- Craving salt
- Asthma, allergies or respiratory
- Dry skin.
- Extreme tiredness an hour after exercise.
- Frequent urination.
Do the above symptoms apply to you? if yes, keep reading to find out how you can heal your body 🙂
So here we go 12 ways to heal your adrenal glands:
- Stop taking stimulatants (sugar, coffee, nicotine, energy drinks) that over work your adrenal glands – stop beating your body and FORCING IT TO work harder and faster when all it needs is love and care. Occasional stimulant is okay however, don’t overdue it
- Sleep – 7-9hrs of sleep! There is really no perfect number of hours, you want to sleep when your body is tired and wake up whenever you feel refreshed. This might be 6hrs for one person and 12hrs for someone else
- Adaptogentic herbs read up on these and find what suits you best. But top herbs include ashwaganda, holy basil, and liquorice root.
- Avoid toxic chemical: that includes food, cleaning products, pollution. Being exposed to all these toxins forces the body to make cortisol which is a stress hormone, which causes inflammation in the body.
- Deal with any Emotional stress you might be experiencing. Use exercise, keep it light to not overwork your adrenals. Meditate, pray, journal, stretch and do yoga.
- Reduce physical stress. Yes that means no more long hours at the elliptical machine. Do not overwork your body and train like an athlete all year round!
- You definitely do NOT want to exercise at night – or do any stimulating activities at night.
- Spend time in nature.
- Address any nutritional deficiencies you might have. These exhaust the adrenal glands.
- Avoid stress or deal with it by seeking help from a professional if necessary. As stress depletes your body of key minerals in the body (i.e. potassium)
- Under eating, overeating or bingeing. All of these overwork your adrenals even if you are overeating on healthy foods. Experiment with intermittent fasting – this gives your adrenals time to rest and function better.
- & lastly do things you LOVE!! Spend time with people you love and spend time laughing and having fun 🙂
& here you have it, I hope you found this posts interesting & the above tips useful 🙂
& I am with sure with some time & consistency applying those tips you will be able to heal your adrenals – just give it time, rest & believe in yourself, because you truly can heal your self 🙂
Lots of love,