I made this simple super easy recipe few weeks ago and completely forgot to share it here until this morning when I made it again for my family!
I’ve previously posted 1 or 2 banana bread recipes but I keep experimenting and looking out for more simpler recipes all the time! this by far is my favourite and I hope you will love it as much as I do 🙂
As always, this recipe is vegan & gluten free & possibly could be paleo if you substituted to coconut flour or almond flour instead of the oats in this recipe! hmmm… definitely something I should try next time 😀
What you will need:
- 3 Medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons chia seed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup/agave/honey whatever sweetener you choose (lately I came across this fruit syrup which is I am using instead of golden syrup as I found out I am addicted to that stuff!)
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- OPTIONAL: you could just use the above 5 recipes or add dried fruits/chocolate chips, cinnamon & linseeds which is what I did when I made this patch! 🙂
- You want to start by making your flax egg (since I do not use eggs anymore, I make my own flax egg in substitute to eggs in any recipes). You create this by mixing 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds and some water to create a sticky gel mixture – & let it sit for few minutes while you do the rest.
- Mash your 3 ripe bananas and place them in a blender
- Add you oats to the blender
- Add the flax egg mixture
- Add the baking soda to the blender & your choice of sweetener
- & BLEND!!! if the mixture is too dry you can add some almond mild/coconut milk
- You then pour your mixture to a loaf tray
- Add you optional ingredients if you want to, such as chocolate chips
- & bake for 25-30mins or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean
- Let the loaf cool down completely before slicing and serving
& here you have it 🙂 super easy simple can be prepared and made in less than an hour!
Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe, like comment and share and let me know what you think 🙂
Lots of love,