Morning everyone, today I felt like having some pancakes for breakfast! But I wanted to make it as simple and easy, high in protein to keep me fuller as I have a busy day ahead (without the eggs of course)..
So this was my 1st attempt at making this actually & it turned out pretty good to be honest.. picture might not look the best or professional but the taste was amazing & I actually surprised my self!
So here what you will need:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk or any other alternative
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- OPTIONAL: your choice of protein powder (I have this vegan plant based protein powder but I am not a fan of drinking my calories these days so I thought I would experiment with adding it into more recipes..)
You can pretty much make this recipe with sticking to the 1st 3 ingredients, but you can also add what ever else you want.. chocolate chips, cinnamon, blueberries etc…
- blend your oats in a blender until smooth
- add your milk & protein (optional)
- add your banana & blend
- add you baking powder
- & blend until you get a smooth consistency, if it is too dry add some more milk
- make sure it is not too runny or thick!
- & then pour your mixture into a heated pan and cook your pancakes
- TIP: I find covering my pancakes when cooking them on each side, helps them rise! maybe just me.. 🙂
& here you have it, I think you know what to do next – EAT THEM! 🙂
This recipe was definitely delicious hence why I am sharing it with all of you 🙂
please share, like & comment if you like
Lots of love, Arwa X