Morning everyone 🙂
Today I’ll be sharing a simple vegan main recipe. This recipe is not only easy to make, but it is gluten free and vegan friendly 🙂
You will need:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Sweet potato
- Maple syrup
- Buckwheat noodles (gluten free)
- Salt (I use Himalayan pink salt)
- & for you salad: spinach, cucumber & tomatoes
Of course you can add or take out anything from the listed ingredients above, I personally stopped having onions due to my IBS and found out that my bloating improved significantly. But if that’s something you want to add to your salad go for it.
Some food facts:
- 1 cup of raw kale has just 33 calories yet contains 684% of vitamin K, 134% of vitamin C, 206% of Vitamin A plus iron, folate, omega-3s, magnesium, calcium, iron, fiber, and 2 grams of protein. BAM! That’s nutrient density.
- You want beautiful skin? Have more sweet potato in your diet 🙂 Sweet potatoes are high in Beta Carotene and vitamins E and C. Sweet potatoes are a good source of fiber when eaten with the skin on.
- Cinnamon doesn’t only add an amazing taste to food & drinks but it is also anti-flammatory, helps control blood sugar, boots brain function (who doesn’t wana be smarter!), improves colon health & protects against heart diseases.
- Buckwheat? It’s actually Gluten free, amazing source of magnesium, fibre, rich in folic acid, & protects against cancer.
- Himalayan pink salt: I use this as it contains less sodium then table salt – check out the image below 🙂
Now to the fun bit… how to prepare this?
- I start by slicing my aubergines and cook them on the stove with some coconut oil
- I then slice my sweet potatoes into nice thin fries and bake them for 20-25mins with some coconut oil
- I wash some kale and place in a baking tray with some olive oil and only a tiny amount of salt – then bake for 5-7mins – don’t overdo it, you don’t want them to dry up & burn, just nice and crispy!
- I then prepare my noodles, and boil some water before adding the noodles, and these only need to be boiled for 3mins… so make sure you don’t overcook them so they don’t turn out soggy!
- Now time to prepare my salad, I wash my spinach and slice some cucumbers and tomatoes and add all three in a bowl – simple! Hmmm avocadoes would been good, but I didn’t have any at that time, maybe next time?
- Check on your sweet potatoes fries and just when they’re almost ready you want to take them out – this is optional but my favourite part!! Sprinkle some cinnamon and maple syrup then place back in the over for few more minutes 🙂 Yes I am a sugar addict I know! 😦
- When your aubergines are ready place them in a plate
- Add your nice crispy kale to the plate, the sweet potatoes & the noodles all to the same plate
- & here you have it – your salad on the side & your plate full of goodness 🙂
Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe, this is quite filling recipe – something I would have for dinner after a long day! 🙂
Let me know what else you would like me to post
Follow me on Instagram for a bit of everything @plantbasedfoodi3
But most importantly follow me on snapchat for what I eat daily and random nutritional facts @arwaali5 – I find this the easiest way to share my recipes and show you want I do to stay healthy & fit!
Lots of Love Arwa XXX