Hey beauties! It’s been a while since I last blogged and especially about beauty 🙂
Today I will be sharing with you a homemade hair mask which is super simple, and amazing if you have damaged, dry and/or dyed hair, curly hair and/or just want to simple treat your hair and restore its shine and feed it some of that healthy goodness! 😉
I personally have curly hair and I started dying my hair last year February 2015! At age of 22! I was always scared of losing my hair or damaging it but at age 22 I desperately wanted a change. I wanted blonde hair (and I still do), however, this took months as I started to lighten my hair gradually.
I went from this …
However, I do have to admit that on top of the dye and all the chemicals used on my hair I didn’t take the best care of it!! I straightened my hair every other day! Because:
- I prefer straight hair then my own curls! 🙂
- Plus, I did so much cardio every day that my sweaty hair needs more straightening
- Other than using coconut oil I didn’t apply any homemade hair masks or masks for dyed hair!
- I often forget to apply heat protection serum before straightening it – LAZY B**ch
- Oo… and did I mention this before, I don’t even use a blow dryer I just use a hair straightening after my hair air dries! L
I really don’t regret dying my hair, I did love the change and still do and probably will continue to dye it… however, I do regret not taking the best care of my hair and now I feel like I’ve lost half of it! My hair is not as thick or shiny anymore and It’s just breaks my heart…
Anyways the good news is that hair will grow! It always does! Thank god I didn’t lose my eye balls!!
This week I’ve decided that I really need to take better care of my hair and most importantly LOVE and Embrace my own natural hair, my curly sexy hair! I think we have been programmed, okay if not you, then 100% me, that straight hair is much more attractive! I personally always wanted straight hair, despite people always complimenting my curls, it didn’t matter to me – I STILL WANTED STRAIGHT HAIR! Reflecting on this now, I think this is so sad and ridiculous to be honest… I should have never let anyone else define what is beautiful to me & instead I should have defined my own definition of beauty….
Anyways, right now I am on a hair detox!! I have already packed my straighteners and any heat products so I don’t get tempted and I am locking them somewhere or perhaps throwing them away!….
I am also planning on using homemade hair masks weekly at least and try and wash my hair at least one a week (I use to wash it 4 times at least – INSANE!!)!!
I am also going to use less chemical products on my hair and just try and stick to natural product, like washing my hair with vinegar, eggs, avocado masks etc…
My goal is to grow longer, thicker, healthier hair… I am lucky my hair is NOT totally damaged as my hair still curls, however it has lost it’s shine and volume and I am about to bring that back!
Anyways, back to this amazing hair recovery mask recipe and what you will need!
- 1 egg
- 1 Banana
- 1 Avocado
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp castor oil
- 3 tbsp honey
Why use such products:
- Egg: protein, omega 3, fatty acids
- Banana: potassium + vitamins thicken & grow hair
- Avocado: high in Vitamin E, fatty acids
- Coconut oil: easily absorbed hydraytr with healthy fats + provides protein and antioxidants to deep condition, heal and re-grow hair
- Castor oil: promotes scalp circulation, penetrates hair follicle to increase hair growth. Prevents hair loss/breakage & strengthen hair
- Honey: antiseptic, humectant, adds shine
- Blend all ingredients in blender
- Apply the mask to your hair, all over, inside outside, roots, ends EVERYWHERE!!!
- Wash off after 30-60mins at least – you want to make sure that all that good stuff gets absorbed before you wash it off… I personally like to leave it on overnight if I could 🙂
& here you have it! Hope you guys enjoyed reading this posts and if you have any other tips for me, please PLEASE share…. I am soo new into hair care! My hair was never a priority to me until now and so I don’t have much experience or research done just yet! So please share you tips and secrets 😉
Lots of love
Arwa 🙂 X