Morning everyone! It’s been a while since I blogged but I am back now and I am planning to post at least once a week, between Thursday and Sunday! & I hope you all come back to read more from me 🙂
Today I am sharing with you my 1st ever overnight oats recipe! I am probably the last person to try this but anyways thought I might as well post this recipe and hopefully inspire you to make your 1st overnight oats or remind you of this super easy quick delicious recipe 🙂
This is ideal if you’re always in a rush in the morning, or if you have a long day ahead and want you meals packed and ready to go.
I personally don’t have breakfast until 1-3pm (Yes, that’s right! I practise intermittent fasting) but these are also perfect for me because I am often out at that time of the day and what’s better than taking my breakfast with me in my bag before I leave my flat 🙂
Anyways here we go..
What you will need:
- Oats (mine were gluten free)
- Milk of your choice (I used coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds – to help you feel fuller for longer
- Greek yogurt – for some protein OR a vegan substitute of your choice
- Honey or syrup (you can also use rice syrup if you’re watching your sugars) – which by the way I only found there was such thing, 2 weeks ago 😦
- Nuts – I used some almonds & pecans (my favourite right now!!)
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter (I used my nut free peanut butter! Because I LOVE the taste of peanut butter but can’t have it anymore L – they are made of soya by the way!) Don’t ask me how they made that!
- Cute Mason jar J (if this is something you want to just grab on the go)
- You want to start by adding the oats first & topping it with milk (make sure you add enough milk, but not too much, so your oats are nice and soft in the morning!)
- Add the chia seeds (these will expand in few hours, so make sure they are added on top of the milk & give it a stir
- Add your yogurt on top
- Slice you banana and add that to your jar
- Add the honey 😉
- Add your nuts
- & finish it with your nut butter!
*** & here you have it, my 1st overnight oats – to be honest my oats were a bit dry and so I would definitely add some more milk next time
Of course you can play around & get creative with this recipe you can have different toppings of your choice, add or take of anything I included above – it’s all up to you but this is what I had last time 🙂
Hope you all enjoy this recipe & I hope I inspired you with this recipe 🙂
Below are some more photos, which I found online, to inspire you 🙂