Hey everyone! Hope you’re all having a good day
I’ve been super busy and so stressed lately, which is why I didn’t blog for almost 3 weeks! Anyways I am back here now so let me share with you what I’ve been drinking so far this winter 🙂
Today I am going to share with you my new favourite hot drink for this season! Winter is here and instead of reaching for that hot chocolate, marshmallows and biscuits I am having my Golden drink and Ginger Energy Balls instead! 😉
This drink will not only keep you warm but it’s full of nutrients, completely comforting, relaxing, and soothing.Trust me on this 1!
Okay so what am I talking about – what is that yellow thing in my drink?
It might sound odd for some of you first but just think of all the benefits and trust me when I say it is DELICIOUS!
First let me tell you about turmeric and its amazing benefits:
- It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
- It helps the body fight foreign invaders and also has a role in repairing damage.
- One study in particular have found that curcumin (a naturally occurring chemical compound that is found in the spiceturmeric) is strongly anti-inflammatory, it is so powerful that it matches the effectiveness of some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- It boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases
- It boosts levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which increases the growth of new neurons and fights various degenerative processes in the brain.
- Curcumin Leads to Various Improvements That Should Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
- There is even some evidence that it may help prevent cancer from occurring in the first place, especially cancers of the digestive system (like colorectal cancer).
- It may be Useful in Preventing and Treating Alzheimer’s Disease
- Research found that Arthritis Patients Respond Very Well to Curcumin Supplementation
- Studies also Show That Curcumin Has Incredible Benefits Against Depression
- & it May Help Delay Ageing and Fight Age-Related Chronic Diseases
What more would you want?!
These are just some of the benefits of turmeric and curcumin which will hopefully make you add this spice into your foods and drinks! 🙂
Anyways back to my recipe, what you will need (for one mug):
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coconut milk (or any other type of milk, almond or rice milk etc).
- Add the milk to a pan to heat up and then add all ingredients and mix!
- Stir and bring the mixture to a light boil
- Pour into a mug and enjoy 🙂
Hope you all enjoy this post and hopefully this recipe! X