Hey everyone! I am soooo excited to share with you this amazing 7 ingredients, VEGAN, chocolate chip cookie bites! I’ve been dying to make this for a long time and finally did, 2 days ago and again yesterday morning, since someone finished them all the night before!!
These cookies are vegan – no sugar, no flour, no eggs, no dairy involved & no peanuts (if you have peanuts allergy like me)! They’re made of chickpeas but don’t worry, they taste NOTHING like hummus trust me & if I served you these you wouldn’t even know they had chickpeas in them, they look just like ordinary cookies but not as hard, they’re more gooey instead.
You’ll need a food processor and the following ingredients:
- 240 grams of chickpeas (drained from a can!) – make sure you wash and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 100 grams Chocolate chips (use dairy free ones if you wish)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of honey or agave (if vegan)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of NATURAL peanut butter (from original recipe) However I used the below nut-free peanut butter which tastes amazing by the way! but you can also use Almond butter instead if you wish.
- Preheat over to 175°C
- In a food processor mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chips
- When all combined add the chocolate chip in a bowl with the mixed ingredients and stir or pulse – the mix should be thick and sticky!
- Form small balls or press to look like cookies if you wish (but they won’t rise much)
- Place the balls on a baking tray on baking paper and bake for 10-15 minutes!
- Eat when warm or you could freeze them and then warm them up again – but have them warm not cold! 🙂
Hope you all like this recipe 🙂
Original recipe found through pinterest: http://www.texanerin.com/2012/04/grain-free-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-bites.html